“Happiness,” religious leader Joseph Smith Jr once said, “is the purpose and design of our existence – and will be the end thereof if we pursue the path that leads to it.”
But in today’s grim world, is it still possible to “pursue” joy in our lives? It’s easier to feel miserable and pessimistic because of all the bad news, right? Well the photos below will probably make you feel otherwise.
As you will see in these images, happiness is always in the right places around us as long as we know where to look. Furthermore, true happiness isn’t in expensive devices and big houses but in people, moments, and even animals!
Go check out this inspiring pictures and see for yourself:
1. His person just got home after a few months of work. That’s the look of pure happiness.
2. Soap bubbles = instant happiness.
3. Best selfie ever featuring four huge, awesome smiles!
4. “The photo my sister sent me of her dog and the new puppy they just got.”
5. “My mom made my girls one Pom-Pom rug each. They took 80 hours, 320 Pom-Poms, and she let them choose their favorite colors. Just missed Christmas, but they are ecstatic nevertheless.”
6. “After years of sleeping on the floor and then on an air mattress, I finally own a bed!!! ”
7. I call this one “Pure Happiness.”
8. “My niece has always loved pumpkins. Today, we took her to a pumpkin farm for the first time…”
9. “10 months ago I decided to start learning to love myself. I moved states, got a new job, and have surrounded myself with amazing friends (some new & old). This photo has captured exactly how I feel… Pure happiness! I am so proud”
10. “My wife captured a moment between my daughter and I on the train while she was ‘booping’ my nose with hers. Pure happiness.”
11. “Makes me weak in the knees to see the happiness in my 8-year-old yellow Lab’s eyes, as well as the happiness in the eyes of my 81-year-old Mom.”
12. He looks really happy for the couple.
13. Genuine happiness./h5>
14. Fun ride for the little kid.
15. With age, people are more likely to find harmony with themselves and with the world.
16. “My boyfriend got me a lemur experience for my birthday!”
17. Also, snow = happiness.
18. “Pure happiness doesn’t exist. Oh wait!”
19. “My mother had wanted a miniature poodle for over 30 years. This is the day Zoe came home.”
20. “My dad got married this past weekend after being single for 13 years and raising 3 girls alone. This is what happiness looks like.”
21. “Here’s another shot of my 101-year-old grandfather with our new puppy! This is pure joy if I’ve ever seen it!”
22. “Me and my girlfriend were in a car accident in which her arm had to be amputated. A week later we adopted Lola, I don’t know who’s happier… I’m going with Lola.”
23. “After an 8 month apprenticeship, and numerous clean downs and set ups, this is me doing my first tattoo on some fake skin. It is what it is but I couldn’t be happier. I earned this.”
24. “My parents split up when I was a baby. Even though they didn’t get along, they maintained a healthy relationship so they could equally raise me. This is our first picture together in a decade. I’m thankful to be proof that parents who are separated can still work together.”
25. Happiness is a state of mind.
So which of these uplifting pics did you like the most? Tell us about it in the comment section!